Sunday, March 15, 2009

Critical Thinking

To me, critical thinking is taking something and dissecting it almost to find what is really going on and to really understand it. This helps you analyze the topic and develop new ideas. I definitely think that critical thinking can be taught. I think of it was science, once you find a new topic, to understand it more you need to get inside and dissect it to understand what is going on. You can teach people to look below the surface to what is going on on a deeper level.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the sciene analogy is a good one that alot of people can relate to and use to better understand Crtical Thinking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed with what you said about looking into a topic in order to have a better understanding about what is really going on. Science was a great example of how this needs to be done to really have a good understanding. I too, think that critical thinking can be taught in school, especially through the use of assignments given in classes. Sometimes it is also not obvious that you are learning critical thinking, but through what you learn doing these assignments, critical thinking really is being taught.

    ReplyDelete